It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. - Seneca

Friday, October 23, 2009

The SPOTLIGHT is on, Cynthia Owens!

I believe I was destined to be interested in history. One of my distant ancestors, Thomas Aubert, reportedly sailed up the St. Lawrence River to discover Canada some 26 years before Jacques Cartier’s 1534 voyage. Another relative was a 17th Century “King’s Girl,” one of a group of young unmarried girls sent to New France as brides for the settlers there.

My passion for reading made me long to write books like the ones I enjoyed, and I tried creating sequels to my favorite Nancy Drew mysteries. Later, fancying myself a female version of Andrew Lloyd Weber, I drafted a musical set in Paris in WWII.

A former journalist and lifelong Celtophile, I enjoyed a previous career as a reporter/editor for a small chain of community newspapers before returning to my first love, romantic fiction. My stories usually include an Irish setting, hero or heroine, and sometimes all three. My first novel, In Sunshine or in Shadow, is set in post-Famine Ireland and is still available from Highland Press. The sequel, Coming Home, is currently in production. Release date TBA.

I am a member of the Romance Writers of America, Hearts Through History Romance Writers, Celtic Hearts Romance Writers, and the Canadian Romance Authors network. I am a lifelong resident of Deux Montagnes, where I still live with my own Celtic hero and my two school-aged children.





Praise for 'In Sunshine or in Shadow'


“If you adore the stormy heroes of "Wuthering Heights" and "Jane Eyre" (and who doesn't?) you'll be entranced by Cynthia Owens' passionate story of Ireland after the Great Famine... Highly recommended for those who love classic romance and an action-packed story.”
~Maggie Davis, AKA Katherine Deauxville


“Many heartfelt sighs were wrenched from me as Burke and Siobhan’s story unfurled. Author Owens pens in loving detail all that is dear to not only this couple, but the town itself as well. Their coming together is a catalyst that unwinds quickly and aids in relieving not only their minds, but the rest of the townsfolk too. The town, with all its residents, was at times like one character in itself, one that comes together to support Burke when he needs it most. But alas, his true salvation laid in Siobhan and their ability to find love once more. This was a truly enchanting tale of love lost and gained, revenge and a town saved. Bravo, Ms. Owens, for a wonderful read!”
~Kenda Montgomery, Author

“In Sunshine or in Shadow is a classic Irish romance at its very best.”
~TCM Reviews

“Catch this beautiful tale from Cynthia Owens.”
~Mark, Book Cove Reviews

“In Sunshine or in Shadow is the perfect book to curl up with on a drizzling day.”
~Night Owl Romance

“In Sunshine Or In Shadow is breathtakingly beautiful. I could lose myself in the pages of this novel happily for hours. Not only does Ms. Owens expertly craft a historical setting but she draws her reader ever deeper into the personal ghosts her characters struggle with. Her characters are haunting and will remain with readers long after the last page. There is no doubt in my mind readers will add this novel to their keeper shelf to return to again and again.”
~Kerensa, Crave More Romance




Please visit Cynthia on the web at- http://pages.videotron.com/cowens/index.html



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...