It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. - Seneca

Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's get up close and personal with Author Renee Vincent!


I am an author with a passionate interest in Irish and Norse history. I live in the rolling hills of Kentucky with my husband and two children on a beautiful secluded farm of horses and hay fields.

I have always wanted to be an author, ever since I was about five years old when my parents gave me a "personalized" children's book that featured me as the hero of the story. Seeing my full name in print was where the dream to become an author began. After a career in Radiology and Pre-School Education, two children, and helping my husband maintain a beautiful farm, I finally found the time to write the story that has lived and breathed in me for twelve long years. In December 2008, Ræliksen became a reality, and then in May 2010, I signed a three-book deal with Turquoise Morning Press for my Emerald Isle Trilogy.

When I am not writing, I love to spend my time on the back of a horse, whether with my family or with my friends. There is nothing like feeling the sunlight on your face, the wind in your hair, and the power of the animal beneath you as you enjoy the beautiful scenery. Seeing the world from a saddle is, by far, the best view and the best therapy for a heavy heart or a troubled mind. My therapist's name, or my horse's, rather, is "Statues Suddenly Lucky", a full-blooded Tennessee Walker, and of course, he goes by the name of Lucky for short.I am a sucker for a good cup of coffee (lots of cream and sugar...and whipped cream if I can get my hands on it), great conversation, and a lilting Irish accent. I love to read and I can't resist watching great epic historical movies.

Buy RAELIKSEN in Print: AmazonTurquoise Morning Press

Visit Renee on the web- http://www.reneevincent.com/
Follow Renee on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/ReneeVincent


Visit Renee's Coffee Time Romance Author Page: http://www.coffeetimeromance.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=1226

3 comments:

Brandy B aka Brandlwyne said...

Hi Renee. I could have sworn I posted to this already but I wnated to thank you for sharing with us today...

-Brandy
brandyzbooks@yahoo.com

booklover0226 said...

Hello, there!

I look forward in reading your works, Renee.

Thanks,
Tracey D

katsrus said...

Hi Renee. Nothing like a great cup of coffee. Really enjoyed your post. I bet it is beautiful were you live.
Sue B

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...