It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult. - Seneca

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Our Spotlight is on Brenda Whiteside and SLEEPING WITH THE LIGHTS ON ... *CONTEST*


After two failed marriages and countless relationships, Sandra Holiday thinks she’s met the man to end her years of less than perfect choices; choices that not only derailed her travel-related career plans but also left her single and broke.

Carson Holiday, a Las Vegas country crooner with swoon-inducing good looks, spent his adult life pursuing a recording contract and love, never holding on to either. After eighteen years, he drops back into Sandra’s life, reigniting an attraction he can’t deny.

When Carson reappears, Sandra must choose again. Only this time, nothing’s as it seems. A secret admirer, a redheaded stalker, and an eccentric millionaire throw her on a dangerous path, with Carson her only truth.

As life confronts her with yet another turning point, will her decisions find her eternally sleeping with the lights on – or will she finally discover a way to turn them off?


*Contest/Give-a-way!*
In Sleeping with the Lights On, Sandra can’t find the time to get to the store to buy coffee. The quirky millionaire, the red-headed stalker, and a sexy ex-husband are keeping her tied up – whoops – there’s a sneak peek. So she makes frequent runs to Starbucks, sometimes in her unconventional p.j.’s. for a cup of latte and biscotti. Leave a comment here AND drop me an email at Brenda@brendawhiteside.com, and at the end of the week I’ll draw someone to receive both a Starbucks’ gift card and a gift card for The Wildrose Press. I’ll also add you to my announce only newsletter to notify you of future drawings and give-a-ways.

13 comments:

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks for having me on this week, Andrea and Corrina!

Chicks of Characterization said...

It's and honor to have you with us Brenda! We look forward to learning more about you and SLEEPING WITH THE LIGHTS ON!

:O)

Caroline Clemmons said...

Brenda, congrats on your success with SLEEPING WITH THE LIGHTS ON. I am eager to read it.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks, Caroline. And thanks for stopping by.

Jennifer Mathis said...

Sleeping with the lights on sounds like a great book. It so going on my tbr list

rbooth43 said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading Brenda Whiteside’s SLEEPING WITH THE LIGHTS ON. Sandra Holliday, the heroine brings riveting romances between two men. Wesley, the man she’s met to end her years of less than perfect choices; choices that left her single and broke. Then, along comes
Carson Holiday, who drops back into Sandra’s life, reigniting an attraction they can’t deny. When Carson reappears, Sandra must choose again. Here’s one scene from the book that will entice a person to read this spell-binding book:
Pulling me around, we stopped, facing each other. My head said run like hell, but my legs wouldn’t respond. Mushy from wine or Carson and moonlight. I couldn’t be sure which.
“Have lunch with me tomorrow, darlin’.” His fingers slipped from mine to gingerly brush along my forearm. The moonlight caught in his eyes. “Another hour of your time with a long lost friend?”
“Yes.” My voice went all husky and come-hither. I wanted to kick myself for being so easy.
“Good.” Grasping my hand again, he led me toward the door. “What’s the address of your office?”
I struggled to shake off the moon shadows and to remember where I worked. Once inside the building, I took a scrap of paper from my purse and wrote the address.
“I’ll walk you to your door and say goodnight,” he said, tucking the scrap of paper in his pocket. “Unless you want to have me in for a goodnight drink.”
I didn’t answer. If he’d only known the extent of my uncertainty at that moment, a little persistence might have made me cave.
“Okay, then—” His mouth gaped.
I followed his bewildered look to my apartment door.
The plot thickens,as Brenda says in this interview, with a secret admirer, a redheaded stalker, and an eccentric millionaire that throws her on a dangerous path. A surprising ending will throw the readers. I am a fan of Brenda’s and am waiting for her next book patiently.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Thanks for dropping by Jennifer. Hope you enjoy my book

JackieW said...

Thanks for the info on Sleeping With The Lights On...I've put it on my TBR list.
JFWisherd(at)aol(dot)com

Brenda Whiteside said...

Wow, Becky! Thanks.

Brenda Whiteside said...

Hi Jackie. Thanks. Hope you like it when you get there!

*yadkny* said...

Got it on my wishlist:) That's a pretty awesome review rbooth43 posted!

yadkny@hotmail.com

Brandy B aka Brandlwyne said...

Hi Brenda, thanks for coming and sharing your story with us this week :)

-Brandy
brandyzbooks @ yahoo (dot) com

Brenda Whiteside said...

Yadkny - Yes, great review.

Brandy - Thank you for coming by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...